New Jersey Personal Injury Accidents
Personal injury accidents don’t just happen every day in New Jersey, they happen every minute. Encompassing a wide range of painful and deadly encounters, personal injury is a general legal term referring to any type of accident between people or things that results in avoidable injuries. The classic example of a New Jersey personal injury accident is a car accident. Whatever your situation is, the winning team of lawyers at Sarofiem & Antoun LLC is here to help you deal with the legal and financial aspects of your recovery.
Common New Jersey Personal Injury Accidents
Some of the most common types of personal injury accidents include:
- Car Accidents: While whiplash is one of the most common car accident injuries, the amount and impact of injuries can greatly vary and last a lifetime depending on the nature of the accident. New Jersey is a comparative negligence state so drivers that played a role in their accident are still able to file a lawsuit and collect for the portion of the accident that was not their fault.
- Truck Accidents: The sheer size of a truck means that the impact of these types of accidents will cause some major physical damage to the victim. Not only
- Motorcycle Accidents: The thing that makes motorcycles so appealing to riders is the same thing that makes them so dangerous when they get into an accident. Whether it is poor road conditions, getting hit by a car or truck, or some other issue that causes a motorcycle accident these types of cases usually involve fairly extensive medical bills and rehab costs as well as missed work.
- Pedestrian Accidents: Even a slow-moving motorcycle can break multiple bones when striking a pedestrian. Walking late at night, crossing outside a crosswalk and urban accidents are the three most common types of pedestrian personal injury accidents.
- Dog Bites: While the puncture wounds that come with almost any dog bite personal injury case usually heal, the lasting scars and potential nerve damage often last a lifetime and something that is heavily factored into the value of this type of case.
- Construction Accidents: While there are inherent risks associated with working at a construction site, most construction personal injury accidents are completely avoidable. The heavy machinery and dangerous nature of a construction site mean that these type of cases are often worth a lot of money because the injuries are substantial and usually mean that the victim will no longer be able to work in the same capacity.
- Slip and Falls: The number one cause of traumatic brain injuries, slip, and fall accidents often take place in parking lots, shopping centers, and poorly maintained city sidewalks.
- Rideshare Accidents: Uber and Lyft are how many New Jersey residents get around now and as a result, the number of rideshare car accidents that take place is on the rise. Whether your accident was with the driver of a rideshare car or while riding as a passenger, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries.
- Burn cases: whether your burn injuries were first, second or third-degree burns, burn personal injury cases are designed to compensate victims for the painful accident and recovery they were forced to deal with.
Wrongful Death Personal Injury Cases
Unfortunately, there are many personal injury cases that end in death. The death can be immediate or over a period of time after succumbing to the injuries from an accident but the end result is the same—a devastating emotional and financial loss for a family.
New Jersey Personal Injury Lawyer
A New Jersey personal injury lawyer can help to ensure that you get the maximum compensation possible following your personal injury accident or the wrongful death of a loved one. Whomever the defendant in your case is, we will work tirelessly to help make sure that you get the money you deserve as quickly as possible. Our passion is helping people and while we can’t change the impact of the accident, we can greatly lessen it by ensuring that it does not place a financial burden on your life. Ready to get started as soon as you call us and we don’t get paid until we get you paid—we look forward to hearing from you soon. Always working for you we are available 24/7 via phone or text- (201) 792-3333